- NAFSA marks its tenth anniversary ~ membership rose from 88 to 685, annual budget increased from $2,500 to $40,000 and NAFSA had 20 active working relationships with more than 2o governmental and non-governmental agencies
- NAFSA discovers that many of their old files and photos (to be used in 10 birthday celebration) were destroyed by termites.
-“New debate rages: Should it be TEFL or TESL? Should it be English as a foreign language or English as a second language?
- “NAFSA would like to measure impact on American students of interaction with foreign students…will be looking for tools to accomplish this.”
- NAFSA expressed gratitude to IIE for all of it gave to the organization:
o in starting NAFSA
o in Hungarian student crisis
o in fostering important research
o in conducting foreign student census
- GRAC Team met in the Rockies to write first comprehensive Advisers Manual on Immigration