The establishment of the Network of International Education Associations (NIEA) is unknown to most in the field. The following text is copied from the NIEA website (http://www.ieanetwork.org/):
NIEA is an association of non-profit, non-government international education associations from countries and regions throughout the world which share a common mission to advance internationalization of higher education. The network advances the global learning of post-secondary education organizations through the exchange of information and dialog, advocacy for international education, professional development, and discovery of new approaches to international education. Members of the network will meet at least once annually, more often as appropriate.
NIEA Purposes are to:
1. Establish a global network of international education associations for mutual learning, information sharing, and identifying emerging issues, problems and opportunities.
2. Contribute intellectually, organizationally, or programmatically to the conferences and other learning venues of member associations.
3. Share information about and help build complementary training and professional-development programs by member associations.
4. Advocate, commission or sponsor research on topics related to international education.
5. Foster professional recognition of international education practitioners and leaders worldwide, and assist new international education associations.
6. Anticipate emerging issues having cross-regional or global impacts on international education and on the exchange of educational ideas, students, faculty/staff and related activities.
Founding Members are:
Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
Asociación Mexicana para la Educación Internacional (AMPEI)
Asia Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE)
Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC)
European Association for International Education (EAIE)
Foro Argentino para la Educación Internacional (FAEI)
International Education Association of Australia (IEAA)
International Educators Association of Canada (IEAC)
International Education Association of South Africa (IEASA)
Institute for International Education (IIE)
Japan Network for International Education (JAFSA)
Korean Association of Foreign Student Administrators (KAFSA)
NAFSA: Association of International Educators