Wednesday, July 22, 2020

My Brief Thoughts on the Via TRM BOLD Seminar Held July 14-16, 2020 #viaBOLD2020


Last week I attended the Via TRM BOLD Seminar and I thought it was excellent!  I'm so glad that I was able to attend even though my schedule conflicted with two of the sessions.

I've never been good at taking notes during a lecture or presentation so I won't be summarizing my thoughts in that way here in this post. What I really appreciated was that Via TRM and the panelists did an excellent job of not turning the BOLD Seminar into a long discussion with session after session focused on COVID-19 and education abroad. To be sure these are important discussion to have and there will be an ongoing need in the field to have webinars, conference sessions and other types of engagement focused on COVID-19.  For me the BOLD Seminar brought back a sense of normalcy in terms of session topics that I found incredibly helpful and relevant to my work. In my work I deal with COVID-19 issues on a daily basis but I am also working to streamline and enhance the education abroad policies, processes and programming...in some ways I'm building the program from the ground up. The BOLD Seminar was incredibly timely for me as I need to be thinking and creating beyond COVID-19 and the sessions and panelists were very informative and helpful to me!

If Via TRM decides to hold another BOLD Seminar I highly recommend registering as it was affordable with quality content form the panelists! Congrats to the Via TRM team and to all the panelists on a job well done and hopefully we'll see another seminar in the future! Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment