Thursday, December 1, 2016

Foreign Students and the Beijing Imperial Academy (Temple of Confucius at Beijing) during the Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties

Back in November 2013 I attended the Partnership in International Management (PIM) conference in Beijing, China.  After the conference I spent the weekend in Beijing with my friend Weidong (Jim) and he took me to all of the sites including the Great Wall of China.

One of the places he took me to visit was the Temple of Confucius at Beijing.  Built in 1302, it is the second largest Confucian Temple in China after the one in Qufu.  I really enjoyed my visit and learned that the Imperial Academy, also known as Imperial College, was the highest educational institution in feudal China and it was the only school to enroll foreign students coming from top sending countries such as Korea, Russia, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand among others.

Following are several photos of my visit to the Temple of Confucius at Beijing and a three photos are of display signs highlighting the recruitment of foreign students.











No comments:

Post a Comment