Monday, January 27, 2014

All signs pointing me to Duolingo!

Since last Wednesday, I have had 3 separate people mention Duolingo to me. Actually, I heard about Duolingo from an MBA student planning to study abroad this summer when we talked last Wednesday evening and then by Friday afternoon I had two colleagues in my office suite tell me about Duolingo so we are talking only 36 hours or so!  I was prompted to post this after reading over lunch an article about them today on Business Insider.  Duolingo was released at the end of 2012 and Apple named Duolingo 2013 App of the year.

Anyways, given all of the above I began to wonder if Rosetta Stone (RST) should be worried? On October 24, 2013 the share price for RST was 16.24 and on January 24, 2014 the share price for RST was 11.18...

I will certainly check out Duolingo to brush up on my Spanish and will introduce Duolingo to my 12 year old daughter who is also learning Spanish and my 8 year old son who is learning French!  Who knows what language learning tools will be around when my 5 year old son starts to learn a language in 3rd grade (either Spanish, French, German, Chinese).

Notes:  1.  I received no compensation and have no motive to post about Duolingo other than to provide brief information and thoughts on an interesting and (relatively) new language learning tool that may be of interest to IHEC Blog readers; and, 2. duoLingo logo Image is made available for press articles and was obtained from http://www.duolingo.com/info.

No comments:

Post a Comment