Friday, February 18, 2011

International Education Blogs & News site in need of a Makeover

Back on February 23, 2009 I started my International Education Blogs site (later renamed International Education Blogs & News) after I came up with the idea on the flight home from the Forum on Education Abroad conference in Portland.  IEB&N is essentially one large blogroll that also has Google news and YouTube video feeds for international education related topics.  I also link to most of my other new media spaces and projects from IEB&N.


I've been thinking about reworking IEB&N for some time now.  I want to change the look and feel of IEB&N as well as rethink what should be posted on, linked from and fed to the site.  I want IEB&N to serve as a new media clearinghouse for the field of international education that requires little work on my end as I have much on my plate.  The idea of a self-updating site is quite appealing.


Do you have any ideas?  I would love to hear from you!


Photo credit: watchsmart

1 comment:

  1. Currently I am engaging in these blogs as part of an assignment in completion of my dissertation. I was initially weary as I have never engaged in social networking before, but over the past month, I have really enjoyed this experience and I will share with you what I have found most interesting.

    The travels of foreign educators in remote locations and their living conditions, interactions with the indigenous populations, and their learning experiences, I have found interesting and unique. I like the pictures, seeing these educators in action, because it makes them real, as opposed to some fictional character. In reviewing this material, I have had the opportunity to vicariously live through them, if only for a brief moment as they do what others wished they had but due to circumstances beyond their control, or simply do to being frightened of the unknown variables did not take action.

    I hope this brief insight helps you in creating a terrific interntional educational blog. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete