Thursday, November 11, 2010

My plans for International Education Week 2010

Next week (November 15-19, 2010) is International Education Week here in the United States.  I will be in Washington, D.C. (I arrive in town late on Sunday, November 14th) and I'm really looking forward to the various activities I have planned (so far as I still need to make and finalize some plans) related to international education.  I'm providing my schedule below in case any IHEC Blog readers will also be participating to see if there is a way to possibly connect.  


Monday, November 15th from 9:00am to 11:00am  I'll be at the Institute of International Education's Annual International Education Week Open Doors briefing, "New data on international students and scholars in the United States and Americans studying abroad" to be held at The National Press Club – Washington, DC. Opening speakers: Ann Stock, Assistant Secretary for Educational & Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State and Allan Goodman, President & CEO, Institute of International Education. Will anyone else be there? 


Monday, November 15th from approximately 12:00pm (departing immediately from IIE's Open Doors briefing) to 5:00pm or so I'll be doing some research for my dissertation at the National Security Education Program (NSEP) office.


Tuesday, November 16th to Friday, November 19th I'll be attending the U.S. Summit for Global Citizen Diplomacy where I hope to meet many colleagues whom I've only had the pleasure of connecting with in new media spaces.  As of now, my schedule on Tuesday the 16th is completely open until Registration opens for the Summit at 3:00pm.  I'm hoping I can spend some more time at the NSEP office on Tuesday reading through their various documents and reports or head to the NAFSA office to do some research in their awesome library (their hard copy blows my Bury Book International Education Library & Archive out of the water but I take them on electronic resources!).  Maybe, I should just be a tourist for half the day in D.C.  Will anyone else be attending the Summit?


I'll be tweeting from all locations as well as posting to IHEC Blog's Facebook page (maybe not so much during my dissertation research activities).  I think IHEC Blog posts may be limited next week, however.  You can follow the U.S. Summit for Global Citizen Diplomacy on Twitter at #citizendiplomacy as well as the U.S. Center for Citizen Diplomacy at http://twitter.com/USCCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment