There are some excellent offerings this year from both NAFSA and other publishers. You can learn about all of the various NAFSA publications here on their website. Here is the list of non-NAFSA publications that will be available for review and purchase at the NAFSA Bookstore in Los Angeles:
- Educating Global Citizens in Colleges and Universities - Challenges and Opportunities (Routledge)
- The Handbook of Practice and Research in Study Abroad - Higher Education and the Quest for Global Citizenship (Routledge)
- Higher Education and International Student Mobility in the Global Knowledge Economy (SUNY Press)
- The First Time Effect: The Impact of Study Abroad on College Student Intellectual Development (SUNY Press)
- Developing Intercultural Competence and Transformation (Stylus Publishing)
- Driving Change Through Diversity and Globalization-Transformative Leadership in the Academy (Stylus Publishing)
Additionally, NAFSA members are eligible for discounts on cross- cultural resources from the Intercultural Press which I imagine will have a booth in the exhibit hall again this year.
If you’re interested in proposing a publication or writing for NAFSA I encourage you to visit their “Get Published in NAFSA Publications” page here. I encourage all conference attendees to find some time in their busy schedules to stop by the NAFSA Bookstore as this is a excellent opportunity to pick-up some great literature.