Friday, November 11, 2016

From Eid Dinner to Dia de los Muertos - Just Two Examples of Why I Love the School my Kids Attend!

I've blogged in the past about the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools where my kids attend (see links to past articles below) and I want to highlight two recent opportunities for my children to learn about and respect other cultures.

Just over two weeks ago our family attended the annual Eid Dinner at their school:




Tonight I was at my eight year old son's second grade classroom potluck and I came upon a wonderful Dia de los Muertos display in the hallway:




Japanese Magic Lantern: The Minwa-za Company of Tokyo and the Art of Utsushi-e

The internationalization of Room 404 [a 3rd grade class at The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools]

The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, 1896-1904 (the Dewey Years)

A Brief History of Research on Education



No comments:

Post a Comment