Tuesday, August 11, 2020

My Original Travel Hat - Let's Go!

Before traveling the world with my GoAbroad hats (thanks to Troy Peden!) I traveled with my Let's Go hat!

My brother-in-law Luis was a Research-Writer for the 1997 Central America publication during the summer of 1996 (I think it was the 2nd edition) and my mother-in-law flew down and traveled with him through much of his Central American journey! Luis was then Editor in summer 1997 for the 1998 New Zealand book (which I believe was the 1st edition)! My wife Ana & I visited Luis at the Let's Go office at Harvard & it was great to see their operations as regular users and fans of the "Let's Go" series. Let's Go was an incredible resource while we studied in Valladolid, Spain during spring semester 1991, while I backpacked Europe during summer 1991 & while backpacking Spain & ending in Paris on our three week honeymoon in 1995! Perhaps Ana had the 1990 Let's Go Europe book when she studied abroad in Toulon, France during spring semester 1990? Ana and I met while on the same study abroad program in Valladolid and she is the one who introduced me to the series and her Let's Go Europe book!


Luis gave us a shout out in the Acknowledgements section of the 1998 New Zealand book: "to Ana and Dave (veteran Let's Go users) for the introduction to the series and the passion for travel" (see below)! This past weekend I found my Let's Go hat & it brought back such wonderful memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment