Monday, April 1, 2013

Inaugural Diversity Abroad Conference - "Changing Landscapes: Strategies and Opportunities For Greater Access" Twitter Backchannel

The inaugural Diversity Abroad conference started today in Chicago and runs through tomorrow.  I wish I could attend but my schedule would not allow for me to attend this conference and the Forum on Education Abroad conference here in Chicago that begins Wednesday and runs through Friday!  Those of you going to the Forum conference I hope our paths cross.

While I couldn't attend the Diversity Abroad conference I received in the mail a copy of Charles Gliozzo's article "The International Education of Minority Students" published in Minority Education in 1980.  My research has found that Gliozzo's article is the first piece of literature in the field focusing on underrepresentation in study abroad so this is a great addition to my Bury Book International Education Library & Archive!

If you are not on Twitter and you want to follow the backchannel from the Diversity Abroad conference I have embedded the #DiversityConf13 hashtag!

No comments:

Post a Comment