Monday, August 9, 2010

National Security Language Initiative (NSLI) - Lists of Critical Languages Available to Study by Program

As I was reviewing some of my research notes last night for my dissertation I came across some data I compiled and thought I would post to IHEC Blog as I think many may find it of interest.  I reviewed the lists of critical languages available for study from the four National Security Language Initiative (NSLI) programs for undergraduate and graduate studies (minus the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants program) and compiled the following list.[1]


What do you think?  Should the list of critical languages be expanded?



[1] National Security Language Initiative (NSLI) – Programs for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies list obtained from the U.S. Department of Education website at http://www2.ed.gov/about/inits/ed/competitiveness/nsli/postsec.html

No comments:

Post a Comment