Friday, June 11, 2010

Video of the Week - IHEC Blog Interview with Ruth Sylte about GoAbroad.com & Social Media at #nafsa10

During the 2008 NAFSA annual conference in Washington, DC, Ruth Sylte of the Manitou Heights Group interviewed me about my blog and how use it to tie in with my side consulting business (International Higher Education Consulting).  Ruth uploaded it to her YouTube channel it was my first taste of YouTube (aside from watching funny videos) and the potential this medium has to offer the field of international education as well as my own consulting work.

As I was sitting at O'Hare Airport on my way to the NAFSA annual conference last week in Kansas City I came up with the idea of doing my own interviews with colleagues and posting them to IHEC Blog's YouTube channel.  Well, I was successful in that I was able to conduct three brief interviews with great colleagues.  What I like best is that the topics discussed with my colleagues are all very different and will represent a specific IHEC Blog theme of the week for two more weeks.  With the exception of Monday of this week, all IHEC Blog posts this week have focused on technology/social media use in international education.  I find it fitting to end this week of posts with my interview with Ruth at the GoAbroad.com booth (@GoAbroad on Twitter) for this video of the week!

3 comments:

  1. Great interview! Very helpful tips Ruth--I especially like the one about taking your time to learn social media at your own pace and how to best use it for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In celebration of its Golden Jubilee, the Indo-American Society (IAS) is proud to convene the first ever Indo-American Summit on Higher Education during 30, 31 July 2010 and 1 August 2010 at the Hotel Grand Hyatt, Mumbai.

    The Summit will present participants with an invaluable opportunity to collaborate with key business, political and academic personalities at a national and international level and address important issues, particularly in regard to policy framing and regulations and international partnerships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Very helpful tips Ruth--I especially like the one about taking your time to learn social media at your own pace and how to best use it for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete