Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What was the Biggest International Education News of the Decade?


Perhaps I'm getting caught up in all of the end of decade hoopla where everyone is making their "Top of the Decade" lists and I thought there is no reason why I can't jump on that cheesy train. I created my first IHEC Blog poll (top right of the blog) asking "What was the Biggest International Education News of the Decade?" Following are the top four news events of the decade that I could think of on my own and with the help of a colleague via IHEC Blog's Facebook page:

- Establishment of International Education Week
- September 11th (increasing international focus of U.S. students, immigration, image of U.S.)
- SEVIS
- Lincoln Commission/ Simon Study Abroad Foundation Act

The poll closes at 11:59p.m. (CST) on December 31st. If you have a moment to vote I would greatly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps another news worthy item to be considered in the voting should have been the murder of Meredith Kercher by Amanda Knox in Perugia, Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received several comments via e-mail and perhaps another news worthy item could have been the increased focus/efforts/funding on campus internationalization in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete