Tuesday, October 20, 2009

IHEC Blog now has a Facebook Fanpage


This past weekend I created a Facebook fanpage for IHEC Blog. My intent when I first opened a Facebook account was to create a page for IHEC Blog but I experienced a few difficulties in this endeavor so my Facebook account became simply a personal account. Only in the past 2-3 months have I become more active in my Facebook usage and have started to become a fan of and/or joined various groups including:

350.org
Academic Programs International - API
American Diplomacy
AsiaLearn
Aspire by API - High School and Gap Year Study Abroad
AustraLearn
DAAD North America
EducationUSA
EuroLearn
Foundation for Asia Pacific Education
Institute of International Education (IIE)
Join the Movement for Study Abroad
NAFSA Association of International Educators
Scholarships for International Students
Trust Agents
U.S. Center for Citizen Diplomacy
U.S. Department of State
Wandering Educators
Wide Awake Minds
World Education Services

This past weekend I finally dedicated some time to try and figure out how to create a Facebook page for IHEC Blog and it turned out to be a fairly easy process. As regular IHEC Blog readers know, I also post to
Twitter from time to time and for the past several Friday’s I have pulled some of the most interesting links posted to Twitter and compiled them into one post. I will continue to do this on Twitter and will also continue to post to Twitter a link back to IHEC Blog every time a new blog post goes up. I plan to continue to post to Twitter the same as I always have. The challenge to me is to make the content on IHEC Blog Facebook fanpage interesting enough for people to become a fan and follow. To be sure, some topics/information will be posted to Twitter, IHEC Blog and the IHEC Blog Facebook fanpage simultaneously but there will be times when I only post certain information to the IHEC Blog Facebook fanpage and not to Twitter or to IHEC Blog.

If you would like to become a fan of the IHEC Blog Facebook fanpage please visit the site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment